Total Pageviews

11:44 AM
0
In case you missed the first two episodes of Visual Fun: XYX, click here for Part 1 and here for Part 2. I have been keeping a journal for the process of this project: the art for the zine that Monofonus Press released, and will sell along with the very last of XYX's music.

Day twelve.
Mon, February 6th, 3:22 PM
I put this project on stand by for three full days; this allowed me to look at it with a clear perspective of how it looks as a whole. It's time for my guts to do some work.

I definitely went back to each photo, this while coming up with my suggested order for the songs. I did considerable changes. I am still one or two days on schedule, this allows me to come back and try to finish the last details tomorrow, and post all the take-a-peak wallet size crops of the finals; you must wait for the zine release to see the whole thing.


Day thirteen.
Wed, February 8th, 11:24 PM
I'm about to finish this project, and I am freaking out. I go back and look at the final images and I don't like them at all anymore. This just means one thing: I am ready to get away from them. I can't wait for this project to be ripe. I just want to listen to the record sitting in my living room and smile big time.

Today I did more editing. I just couldn't stop myself from doing it. I think I have it all done, except for the cover and the back. I am one day late already, but you can't rush creativity, so I'm hoping it’s ok.








Day fourteen.
Thur, February 9th, 10:22 PM

This baby is due. I can't wait to show y'all. I will keep you posted on the release of the coming record, I promise. Keep an eye on my tweets and my facebook updates.

This zine was 90% digitally put together. Some pictures used for these collages are in the public domain, some others were licensed in order to allow alterations and even commercial purpose. Not that we're planning to make one million dollars out of this, though. All the people involved in the production and release of this zine, as well as the coming XYX LP are doing this more for the love of it than anything else. I can assure you that.

It is a pleasure to continue to make art, and I am grateful for all the people that help that happen. Thanks for every single little or huge compliment about my work you have made. They are my fuel. Please receive my best regards.

0 things to say:

Post a Comment

Your blurb: