Total Pageviews

3:26 PM
0
Hello reader! This time around I'm bringing my latest portrait straight to your monitor. I mentioned in my last post that I created this blog to force myself to show my work and keep the ideas flowing. This is what flowed and I can't wait to show you.

My brother had his birthday recently. He's an independent and intuitive Aries, an absolute mediator, and an unstoppable force of ideas. I admire him very much, can't you tell?

His girlfriend commissioned me to make him a portrait printed on canvas as a gift. I wanted to translate their life together on a visual level. It seemed clear to me that their top three favorite things to do as a couple were traveling, taking pictures of themselves, and eating. They would make excellent hosts for a travel TV show, in my opinion.

In the picture below I'm showing the original photo (left) I used to make my first sketch (right). The picture was taken on my wedding day, so it has extra special meaning to me.


I played with the sketches A LOT. Every time I’d get a creativity block, I would go back to the original picture and make a new sketch (files that I can't seem to find since I did my last computer cleaning, ouch). Eventually, once I was truly under pressure and so close to my deadline, I developed a deeper detail for the background. I added city buildings and skylines with flying burgers and showed them crying tears of cheese joy.



Now one of my pieces is hanging from the wall of someone in my family. Isn't that cool? Oh, I can't wait to figure out the next one.

Thanks for reading!
Anhelo

0 things to say:

Post a Comment

Your blurb: